Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Pain Management = Pain in ASS!!!!

So I had an appointment with my pain management Doc today. (joy, joy)

I hate these visits for a number of reasons.

First of all, I already feel like death warmed over when I go to see them,  then they poke and prod my tender areas asking if it hurts.... WTF do they think? Noooo I'm just here for shits and giggles and I get off on excess pain!!!

Then they always go into this whole monologue about how to better manage my Fibromyalgia pain... ie reduce stress ( REALLY?!?!?! you try having 3 kids, and reducing your stress) , exercise ( I would but my body hurts like a mofo ), get more sleep ( ok sure that will work with 3 kids that like to get up at the butt crack of dawn, and a 2 year old that has no idea what a decent hour is)......... And it goes on and on!!! I would love to do all these things, but I just can't do it.

Then she recommends acupuncture..................  Are you crazy lady?!?!?!  I have watched the acupuncture episode of 1,000 ways to die, so no thank you!!!

On to my herniated disc in my lower spine. After pushing on it, she decided I need yet another MRI.... Yay!!!

And then she gives me a lower back TENS unit. Yep that's my way of being pain free. Let's send little electrical shocks to my spine and see if it helps. It did not help. in fact it caused me more back pain, and now, that disc is swollen , radiating heat, and I am in more pain that I have been in in a looong time.

On top of all that super fun stuff, I had a migraine when I went in. Sooo being the helpful person that she is, she gave me some kind of shot in my ASS, and now it hurts to sit..... Way to be helpful Doc!!!


I just wonder what the point of all this is? I know what hurts me, so it is your job to fix me and manage my fucking pain!!! Hello!!!! You are a PAIN MANAGEMENT Doc, not a pain causing one. So do your damn job!!!

I just want to be able to go out and do things like I used to. And it would really be nice to be able to sit.................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment