Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Country Life

Don't get me wrong , I love where we live.

We have no neighbors for 5 miles. The kids can go out side to play and I don't have to worry about someone nabbing them. We can be as loud as we want and not disturb a soul.

However there is a down side to living in the country.

1. The school bus runs at 6:45 am. Which means I have to get up at 3am ( well not get up, I don't actually move until 4:30), drink me some coffee, then get the kiddo's up at 5:30 so that they can eat breakfast, and get dressed.  If I lived in town... the bus doesn't run till 7:30.

2. BUGS..... I hate bugs. I am forever checking my kids and the dogs for ticks. And don't forget those big hairy spiders............ EEEEEK

3. God forbid something happen and we need an ambulance, it would take 45 minutes to get here.

4. Bears, yep had one in the back yard last night.

5. Coyotes...... You can here them laughing every night.

6. Shopping... It is a bitch!!! I have to drive 45 minutes to the nearest Wal-Mart

But all this is so worth it, knowing that my kids can come and go as they please and explore the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment