Friday, April 6, 2012

Sticky Floors

Oh how I miss those days before children when my floors were not sticky. No matter how many times I mop it doesn't help. Nothing like waking up in the middle of the night, walking to the kitchen and getting a mystery stickiness on your foot.

Where do these spots come from when you mop AFTER the kids are in bed!!!

Sometimes I wish we lived in a time before the stickiness was invented. Before, juice,soda,and kool-aid. Milk is sticky too. (So we would have to live before milk was invented)

Which brings up an interesting thought... Who the hell invented milk? What kind of freak decided to pull on a cows nipples and taste what came out??? Bestiality at it's finest...

Anyway, I'm sure then it didn't matter. Those folk had dirt floors. Hence the floors didn't get sticky. You just swept the dirty dirt out the door because there was nice clean dirt under it.

Then again I would hate dirt floors. I despise dirty socks and feet. Could imagine how filthy and stained your little footies and socks would be after walking around on a dirt floor all damn day long?  Fuck that shit!! That and they didn't have washers and dryers back then, and I am not about to hand wash anyone's nasty ass dirt stained socks!!!

Anywho, back to what I was initially talking about. I think I will try to enjoy the sticky floors for now, because one day my kiddo's will be gone and my floors will no longer be sticky.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment