Monday, September 23, 2013

Letter to my future self

Today I turn 23  32.

I like to think I have learned from all my past mistakes. That I will know what I need to do and when I need to do it.  So I think I need to write myself a letter so the future me knows how far I have come.

Dear Me,

You are another year older and wiser, not to mention rounder. Sitting here now think about how far you have come. You have overcome obstacles that would shatter a weaker person. You have suffered devastating losses yet you are still here. A little broken and bent, but stronger for making it through mostly intact. You have lost your biggest cheerleader and found that there are more people in this big ole world that care for you and want to see you succeed. You have made new friends and lost old ones. You have went through a horrible marriage, and when you thought you were to be forever alone you met the one person in the world that completes you and understands your craziness. You brought 3 precious lives into this world. And no matter how scary those first moments were, you are better because of them. You will continue to make mistakes and learn from them. And pass that knowledge onto your children. You are beautiful and are where you need to be. Life is always an uphill climb, and it wouldn't be worth living if we didn't stumble from time to time.

Think back on all that you have been through. Are you where you were 5 years ago? No. Will you ever get lost time back? No.

All you can do is look forward, keep putting one foot in front of the other, and remember that life is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment